Sunday, February 01, 2009

It's Gone Now

So I spent most of the last days of January, mulling around my room, with capped internet and no money. Boredom starting to creep around, and I missed a few outing with friends due to what you could call 'a series of unfortunate events'. So when a message appeared whether I was up for some paintball, I couldn't refuse. Of course, I had no money, but some scrouging and borrowing, I had a small amount of cash and heavy in debt.

We had to be there at 7:30am for registrations and stuff, so I picked up some friends in Sefton at 6:30am then rushed over to Granville to pick up the other person. That took a bit longer, since she walked out in flats and we recommended her to get some sturdier shoes. And her mother wanted to offload some banh chung or something to us as well.

And then the drive to the paintball area, during which we spent a lot of time talking about conversation breakers and the dominating appearance of internet abbrieviations into common speech. Instead of actually laughing out loud, people ares starting to just say lol to each other. Weird and oddly terrifying in a way. Or breaking conversations where people say something, and you're at a loss on responding so you just bring up "I see" or "Is that right?" or "Yeah" or even just the dreaded "lol".

Paintball was fun as always. Our group was slightly smaller, so we joined with a few other groups. It was quite fun, and I ended up with a healthy set of bruises, especially two on my arms which look like cigarette burns. We were joking about explaining to some of our parents about what kind of party we had to go to at 6:30am in the morning and come home with bruises everywhere. I was joking about how I should tell my parents that I'd met a girl who gave me those burns. Anyway, it was fun. Sweaty, tiring fun.

After that we made our way from Blacktown to Yagoona to drop off some people, before winding our way up to Campsie to crash at a friend's place. Eventually we decided that some karaoke was the answer, so we made our way to the city, still having not showered after the paintball game. K was fun as always, but the machine added like 45 minutes of extra time and by the end I (and everyone else I think) was tired and had the energy sucked out of us. Still fun. The sights and sounds of Phuong and Julia screaming the song 'Gay Bar' was energising to say the least. They scored 100 as well.

Getting home and having a nice cold shower was a godsend. I took a look at my back and the bruises where much more numerous that I thought. Looked like someone had decided to stab cigarette burns all over my back. My mum gave me some cream that supposed to help the bruising heal faster, but 24 hours on, it doesn't seem to have done much.

Good thing uni is still a ways off. Those bruises would probably draw questions and unwanted attention.

2 comments:

Nam said...

omg, your blog feels so good on my eyes after having stared at my bright white one for half an hour.

paintball was fun. still feel jipped that i wasn't bruised and rad like everyone else was.

lol, gay bar.

pepperminT-T said...

I've calculated that each one of my bruises is worth $8. Yay!

I had copacabana stuck in my head for a while. Hope you enjoyed having 'gay bar' stuck in yours.

-juliaaaa